I am here ...

It is 4pm on a Tuesday and I am sitting on my stairs crying. Too many things have happened to go into here and I seem to have forgotten the basics of my own self-care. My heart feels physically battered. I feel angry and betrayed. I want to crawl into bed, pull the covers over my head, and shut myself down. I want to do it so much it physically aches inside.

As the angry tears of hurt fall down my face I look at my phone. I have everyone to call and no one to call. Who is there for me now I need someone so desperately?

The answer is Me. I am here. I have not spent a day in bed crippled with sadness since January. My previous behaviour of shutting down completely every few months has changed, and for the better. Because I changed it. No one else. Me. And as I sit here I know, despite the aching temptation, I will not slide back now. I have said goodbye to that. Because it didn't get me the life I wanted. And I am not settling for anything less than the life I want.

Instead of cancelling tomorrow and its responsibilities I am going to embrace them. Or at least do my very best to embrace them. I am going to remind myself that the only person I have a lifelong responsibility for is me. And in my hour of need, I am always here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Safety

The Hygge Life ...

How Can You Mend A Broken Heart?