Falling Out of Love

I realised last night what this period of darkness has been trying to teach me. The man I am in love with is not the man for me. He is not strong enough to have the relationship I want. Even though he has the capability to. And it's time to let him go.

I likened my love for him to the torture of Promtheus in a previous blog and the problem is my dark masochistic heart is revelling a little too much in the pain. A very good friend once told me that I have got too comfortable with pain. From my childhood, to my abusive relationship, to burying children, to a failed marriage - pain is a world I know. It's happiness I struggle with.

And so I have fallen in love with a man who doesn't want nor deserve me. Because then I can play the role of the tortured heart once more. The role I am so familiar with. All the lines are etched deep in my memory. Pain. Sadness. My oldest friends who know me well.

But not anymore. I am making new friends with Happiness and Joy. This period of darkness is coming to an end and with it goes my tortured soul. I am falling out of love. The man I spend my forever with will be different. I can't tell you how but I know he will. He will be there flying a flag for me and I will see it and I will know. Maybe not straight away. But eventually I will. Because what is for you does not go by you.

Now it is time to stop being the tragic heroine of my story. It's time to be the superhero ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hygge Life ...

Finding Safety

Managing Anxiety